At AHAVA Memory Care Residence and The Jewish Association on Aging, we depend upon the support of our community to continue serving seniors. Your generosity, regardless of the amount, is greatly appreciated and will help us touch lives. Each year, the JAA provides $2-3 million in charitable care to seniors who have outlived their finances.
The Jewish Association on Aging also provides a wide range of ways for those who wish to give back as a volunteer in our community. We work with each individual to match his or her interests, skills, and availability with our many volunteer opportunities.
Some of the ways you may be able to make a difference in the lives of our memory care residents include:
- Providing companionship
- Walking with residents outside to enjoy the gardens
- Assist with programs and events, such as art or music therapies, discussion groups, crafts, exercise classes, etc.
- Play card games or read to residents
- Participate in our pet therapy program
- Help our office staff with clerical duties
This list is not all-inclusive. We are always interested in serving our residents in new ways. If you have a special skill or talent that you would like to share with our residents, please feel free to reach out to us. For more information on ways you can support our seniors, please contact our Director of Development and Community Engagement, Beverly Brinn at email@example.com or 412.521.1975.